The white mulberry has good source of magnesium, potassium, riboflavin, iron, calcium, vitamin C, and fiber. One of the mulberry's greatest health assets is it's high concentration of resveratrol, an antioxidant currently being studied for its effects on heart health.
The mulberry has been known to be a remedy for ringworm, insomnia, arthritis, and tapeworm
Another benefit the white mulberry leaf extract exhibits an antagonistic effect to MCH1 receptor in diet-induced obese mice, resulting in decreased body weight and adiposity, food intake, and hepatic lipid accumulation.
White Mulberry are available in a variety of ways, the edible berries, the white mulberry in the form of tea is very tasty and then there are the cosmetic creams and oils.
WHITE MULBERRY MUFFINS
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsps applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup mulberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).Grease 6 jumbo muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, milk, applesauce, egg and almond extract. Stir in flour mixture until batter is smooth. Fold in mulberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.